Wednesday 4 January 2012

Happy...(rather late) New Year!


Dress: Peacocks   Hair net: Primark   Socks: Primark   Boots: New Look   Bracelets: Gifts   Ring: Miss Selfridge

Ok so this is a bit behind the times but Happy New Year to everyone! As have had a few days off over New Year rather than Christmas we spent the time back home in Brighton with my family, the brothers family and the brother-in-laws family having lots of laughs, good times and few cramped meals round the table! The sister and myself broke out the dresses and sparklers for the occasion, whilst the others just broke out more drink instead!

So has anyone got any good new years resolutions? Mine has been inspired from an article I was reading in the latest Company magazine, on a blogger called Vicky Sowerby at www.sewabee.co.uk, who throughout the whole of 2011 has not bought any new clothes but instead used and reworked the items she already owns for the year and donated the money she saved doing this to charity, specifically Oldham Cancer Support Centre. 

I thought this was a fantastic idea and a great way of making a donation to charity (as she put in the article I am not about to run a marathon or anything like that!) so this is my challange for the year and will donate money saved onto various charities, when fully decided will post on here if anyone would like to support too. This will also help me get back to why I set up the blog in the first place, to actually show the items I already own and never wear. So do you think I can make it for 365 days?....

Check out Vicky's  blog at the above link and if you feel inspired to donate to her charity visit her Just Giving page, here

No comments:

Post a Comment